My workbench

My workbench

Monday, April 2, 2012

Capitalism at it's best

I saw a website which fascinated me last night: www.teacherspayteachers.com . The premise is fairly simple: a marketplace for teachers whom have created their own work to sell it to other teachers looking for, ostensibly, the best/most useful material.  I immediately saw it in a rather specific light: those who have the money, but not the time/inclination, can pay to have their work done for them.  It's wrong, those teachers must be lazy, it's...well, it's just so....

Capitalist.  Brilliant, actually.

My initial reaction was one of disgust, thinking that it must be a result of laziness.  But upon further introspection, I realized something entirely different- this allows folks to manage their own time vs money dynamic, instead of letting their salaries dictate their actions.  While I was certainly initially against it, I love the idea of an open marketplace for work like this.  It allows teachers whom value their time GREATER than their salary to exercise their right to a free-market system...

Just a random interlude.  Otherwise, my life is going well, can't wait for some travel, need to get a job (locally), and go DO something.

No comments: